Apr 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everybody! Felices Pascuas! Wesołych Swiąt! Hope you’re all having a lovely Sunday! I just took this small time to write quickly this post and wish you all the very best!

I don’t know what about you, but in Peru (well, at least in my family) the only tradition we have is to go to church. Usually people in Peru take advantage of this holidays to go on trips and have fun. In Poland they take Easter seriously and have many traditions! Let me tell you how we celebrate it in my husbands home!

On Friday we don’t eat much.. we eat fish. And as I said on my previous post, I made ceviche.. unfortunately I didn’t take a picture of what I did this time, but I’ll show you the pic of the first ceviche I did in my life… in Peru. ITS DELICIOUS!

 

21067_322296160936_533290936_5028918_4748921_n

 

On saturday, a polish tradition is to go to church with a basket full with salt, pepper, polish sausage, ham, butter (usually in a lamb-like shape), egg and a piece of bread. This basket is blessed by the priest, and after this, you go back home and you are “allowed” to eat (not the stuff from the basket yet).

 

 

 

viewer

 

On sunday, you have a nice breakfast and eat everything you had blessed the day before! So… that was today!

Tomorrow we’re supposed to eat eggs on breakfast. Why? I have no idea… I’ll try to find out…

Hope you spend a lovely holiday with your loved ones!

 

viewer

DSC_0626

 

DSC_0621

DSC_0628

DSC_0632

DSC_0627

 

Food from the basket cut in pieces and eaten at breakfast! At this moment, we give each other our best wishes :)

All pics by me :) The first ones are taken from my phone and posted on Instagram!

2 comments:

  1. Cudowne zdjęcia, cudowna atmosfera! Wesołych Świąt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. piękne zdjęcia:))
    super tulipanki:))


    http://beautifulgirlandfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment in Polish, English or Spanish! I will understand :) Nie bój się :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...