Mar 26, 2012

How to hang your Frames / Gallery Wall

Hanging frames may seem easy and simple, but there is a basic rule to follow to make the layout easy on the eyes.

One simple rule:

- AXIS. This will create order and harmony on your arrangement. This invisible line can be positioned in many ways.

 

Horizontal and in the middle.

How-to-hang-a-gallery-wall-axis11

 

On the bottom.

 

On the staircase you should have the same height each step upwards.

 

And for more symmetry, follow borders of the furniture below. In this case, the bed frame.

via Budgetwise Home

 

Many lines, but always following them and using them as a guide.

Gallery wall final layout

 

Here are some examples of layouts that may be helpful…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                               

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

via Brenda Knight Photography

 

Pinned Image

via Pinterest

 

Hope you enjoyed this tip and that it will be helpful! 

 

Extra tip:gallery wall hanging progress

Stick pieces of paper on the wall before making holes on it! What I did with my room (because I didn’t know about this trick) was make the layout on the floor, took a picture and then marked where the holes for the nails would go. It wasn’t so easy. I wish I had known about this before!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

via Pinterest

For daily updates and a bit more of my daily life like me on Facebook!

Or you can follow me on Twitter @evesotomayor

 

*EVEDEKO ON FACEBOOK*

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about hanging some photos on the wall. I will use your tips :) Very useful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) Thank you so much for your nice comment :D Haha I see that translation is not very good ;) Plaszcz mean coat in english ;))

    ReplyDelete

Comment in Polish, English or Spanish! I will understand :) Nie bój się :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...